Earlier today, OnePlus announced its 2017 flagship, the OnePlus 5. The device looks to take the market by storm for another year, while offering flagship-level specs at prices lower than its competitors.
While the OnePlus 5 is priced higher than any of its predecessors, it still offers great value at $150-$250 lower than its competition. As a quick reminder, the OnePlus 5 features the following specs:
- Display: 5.5-inch 1080p Optic AMOLED
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (Up to 2.45GHz)
- RAM: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 2-Lane
- Front Camera: 16MP
- Rear Camera: 20MP + 16MP with f/2.6 and f/1.7 aperture
- Battery: 3,300mAh Non-Removable w/Dash Charge
- Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat w/ OxygenOS
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Other: USB 2.0 Type-C charging port, Fingerprint Sensor, Alert Slider
Now, for the pricing – the base model OnePlus 5 with the 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage is priced at $479. The higher-specced version with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage is priced at $539, but that leaves one more question.
How do you get one?
Well, OnePlus surprised everyone earlier today by offering an “Early Drop” for its latest device, giving some folks the ability to purchase the device ahead of its official launch date. The initial stock levels are seemingly expiring rapidly, as there are reports of the 8GB/128GB variants already selling out.
Don’t Miss: What’s the difference: OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T
If you want to try your hands on getting in on the “Early Drop”, you can follow these steps:
- Visit www.OnePlus.net, go to the page for the OnePlus 5
- Click “Early drop” at the top right
- Enter “Clearer Photos” as the promotional code
From there, you’ll have to select your model of choice and hope for the best.
However, if you are okay with waiting, you won’t have to wait for too long as the OnePlus 5 will launch on June 27th. From there, you’ll need to follow the regular process for purchasing a device through OnePlus’ online storefront.
As a reminder, pricing for the 6GB/64GB model begins at $479, with the 8GB/128GB variant begins at $539. The OnePlus 5 also comes in two colors – Slate Gray and Midnight Black.
You can hit the link here to head over to the OnePlus site and try your hand at getting one through the Early Drop, or you can bookmark it so you’ll be ready to go on June 27th.
Let us know in the comments below whether you decide to go ahead and pick one up for yourself, or why decided to turn the other cheek.