Verizon’s Galaxy S Announced as “Samsung Fascinate”
As expected earlier this year, the top four carriers in the United States will each carry their own version of the Galaxy S from Samsung. Hot on the heels of the Epic announcement for Sprint this morning comes Verizon’s Samsung Fascinate. Unfortunately, we don’t have any pictures to share of the phone but it’s much like the other iterations.
Running Android 2.1 and Samsung’s Touchwiz 3.0 UI, the Fascinate will be a full Google experience with apps like Gmail, YouTube, and the Android Market. The hardware is pretty much everything you’d expect, and hope for.
- Android 2.1 platform – With support for Google Mobile Services including Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk and Android Market
- Samsung 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application Processor
- 4-inch Super AMOLED Screen
- 5.0-megapixel camera/camcorder – Auto-focus and LED flash with HD video recording and playback (720p)
- 2GB internal memory expandable to 32GB
- 16GB microSD™ included with handset
- 3G Mobile HotSpot capabilities – Support up to five compatible Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Multiple file formats supported, including DivX support
- Six-axis sensor
- Virtual QWERTY Keyboard Featuring Swype Technology
- WiFi Connectivity (802.11 b/g/n)
- Stereo Bluetooth Technology
- Corporate Email – Exchange ActiveSync
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Verizon Applications and Services
- V CAST Music with Rhapsody
- V CAST Video on Demand
- V CAST Song ID
- Visual Voice Mail
- V CAST Tones
- VZ Navigator
- Mobile IM
- City ID
- Samsung Applications and Services
- Samsung’s Social Hub – Built around messaging, contacts and calendar sync
- Integrated Calendar information
- Integrated Contacts syncs with Exchange, Google, Twitter and Facebook
- Feeds & Updates – Displays feeds from multiple SNS sites such as Facebook, MySpace and Twitter
- AllShare Application – Enables inter-device connectivity through Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA)
- Daily Briefing – Instant access to weather, news, stocks and schedule
- Write and Go – Quickly jot down an idea and later decide on a format, such as SMS/ MMS, e-mail, calendar or memo, to send or post to popular SNS sites
- Weather Clock – Displays current time and weather of the selected city (ability to add and select other cities)
We fully expect more details this week, in addition to a bunch of high resolution pictures. Tomorrow is Samsung’s big event where I expect them to show off each version of their flagship phones.
You might also like
Yesterday, we learned about some new rumors about the Samsung Galaxy S5, and now it’s time to hear about the tablet Samsung is planning to introduce at the CES 2013.
Barnes and Noble are pulling their entire stock of Nook Colors off the shelves for the next two weeks in preparation for a Froyo launch, according to the official line.
Swype Beta has been updated, and the new version brings Nuance’s popular Dragon Dictation to the already revolutionary keyboard. Dragon Dictation has been incorporated into other Android keyboards in the