CLIQ 2 Officially Announced, Available Jan. 19 [VIDEO]
Confirming recent rumors, Motorola and T-Mobile have officially announced the CLIQ 2, a 1 GHz landscape slider with a 3.7″ screen and a funky, reptilian keyboard. Like its predecessor, it seems intended for the middle of the market, but unlike the original CLIQ, includes a lot of enterprise friendly features. It is not an HSPA+ phone.
- Motoblur social connectivity
- Android 2.2
- an “ultra-fast” 1GHz processor
- a 3.7″ display
- 5 MP camera with LED flash
- Wi-Fi calling
- DLNA-enabled, allowing users to stream and share content on other DLNA-enabled devices.
- Business-oriented features like LinkedIn integration, Quickoffice, Froyo’s enterprise security features such as remote locate and SD card wipe.
- Device and SD card encryption are expected to be available in early 2011.
While the specs may pale next to the Droid Bionic and XOOM, also announced today by Motorola, it’s worth noting that spec-wise, the CLIQ 2 is on par with well-loved devices like the Nexus One that are still widely in use.
The Motorola CLIQ 2 will be available to T-Mobile USA customers on Jan. 19 for $99 after rebate. Check out T-Mobile’s video walkthrough:
You might also like
Hello Android users, I thought I would be a good exercise to run through how to create/add new ringtones, alarms, and notifications. It is very easy to add new sounds
After announcing the Nexus 4, Nexus 10, and the 32GB Nexus 7, Google caused quite a stir in the tech community. Most of our first reactions were in response to
Looking to pick up some new games or apps for your Android? Be sure to check out Amazon’s current promotion which sees the retailer shaving up to 80% off of