Sprint Announces Nexus S 4G

image

Today Sprint announced a new device to their slowly growing, yet greatly improving line of Android devices. Sprint announced the Nexus S 4G, their fourth 4G phone. The Nexus S 4G will be sporting the same Super AMOLED screen that can be found on the T-Mobile’s Nexus S. Other specs are also just about exactly the same, so if you were hoping for a dual core Nexus S, you’re still going to have to wait. The Nexus S will be the first ever 4G “Google Phone,” meaning no Sense, no Moto Blur, just stock Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). Sprint said the Nexus S 4G will be available in the spring.

Specs are as follows:

• 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to six Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
  • Android Market™ for access to more than 150,000 applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience
  • 1 Ghz Samsung Hummungbird Processor (single core)
  • Google mobile services such as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ with Navigation, syncing with Google Calendar™, Voice Actions and YouTube™ Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®), personal (POP & IMAP) email and instant messaging
  • Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, which allows the device to read information from everyday objects, like stickers and posters embedded with NFC chips
  • 16GB Internal Memory (ROM)/ 512MB (RAM) Wi-Fi® –802.11 b/g/n Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR Integrated GPS
  • 1500 mAh Lithium-ion battery

This phone looks great, but does 4G really make it worth upgrading to? I don’t think so. Will you be getting this phone? Leave a comment below.

Source: Business Wire

Phil Esposito
Phil Esposito 170 posts

Phil Esposito is a 17 year old Android advocate. His reviews and articles have been showcased on multiple technology sites across the web. Besides written reviews, Phil specializes in video production and incorporates videos into his articles whenever he gets the chance.

New Nexus tablet shows up on a Chromium tracker?

Rumors regarding Google’s new Nexus tablet are all over the place. The rumors were initially pointing at LG as the manufacturer of the device and afterwards that spot was taken

Android Takes 4 of 5 Prizes in “Apps for the Army” Challenge

Android is proving to be not only beneficial (and fun) in everyday consumer usage, but now we’re seeing how practical it can be in other situations.  Take for instance the

T-Mobile announces the 4G-enabled Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus

Keeping track of all the Samsung Galaxy Tabs just got harder. T-Mobile has announced that starting Nov. 16, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus will be available for $249.99. The

1. Chad
    March 21, 16:10 Reply

I have been planning to defect to Sprint from Verizon for a while now, and I will definitely make the switch the minute this phone is available. I will be upgrading from an LG EnV2 so there isn’t much for me to nitpick about as far as specs; the thing I find the most attractive is having pure, untainted Android.

2. Jt100185
    March 21, 16:52 Reply

The HTC EVO 4g is a better option. Bigger screen. Better processor. Better camera. It can hold an additional 32 gigabyte micro SD card. EVO still running 2.2 at the moment, but 2.3 is coming soon.

• ea
      March 21, 17:36 Reply

Evo 4G’s Snapdragon at the same clock speed is not a better processor than Hummingbird. The Snapdragon will noticeably skip frames/stutter on more intense games, while Hummingbird runs smoothly.

Though the super AMOLED screen and stock android are features I want, I’ll go for the Evo 3D with dual core, 4.3 screen and hopefully they retain the kickstand.

-Evo 4G owner since launch, tested Epic for 3 weeks

• ea
      March 21, 17:36 Reply

-Evo 4G owner since launch, tested Epic for 3 weeks

• ea
      March 21, 17:36 Reply

-Evo 4G owner since launch, tested Epic for 3 weeks

• ea
      March 21, 17:36 Reply

-Evo 4G owner since launch, tested Epic for 3 weeks

3. Dreamcasting
    March 21, 17:44 Reply

Hey look, that’s my phone once at&t finishes swallowing T-Mobile.

4. Nobody
    March 22, 14:09 Reply

The minute Sprint will offer an android phone with GSM for international roaming, I will switch.

5. 5thavekeyshop
    March 23, 00:41 Reply

Why didn’t these dudes put a micro sd card in this phone? Of all things to leave out, thats foolish

6. bdj1
    April 27, 09:26 Reply

single core? No sd slot? 1500 only battery?

come on, how is this any better than an evo? It doesn’t even have a kickstand!

I’ll pass until they come up with something worthwhile.

7. Don
    May 09, 09:10 Reply

The Nexus S was released yesterday…my store was so damn busy with people coming to pick theres up. Its a nicely designed device. I got to play with it all day, i really like how it feels with the contoured glass