Amazon Unveils $200 Kindle Fire eReader/Tablet for November 15
Amazon’s Jeff Bezos is currently on stage in New York, giving us a rundown of all things Kindle. After looking back at the previous four year of success, he is starting to unveil new products and features. On such feature is expected to be the hotly-anticipated Kindle Fire tablet, running Android. We’ll be back with more information once it’s made public, but we have a pretty solid idea as to what’s in store.
According to a Bloomberg story hitting the wires within the last hour, the Amazon Kindle Fire will debut with a $199 price tag. The arrival date is November 15th, but you may want to pre-order yours. Sales will be ridiculous.
The Kindle Fire will have a 7-inch display and sell for $199, compared with $499 for Apple’s cheapest iPad, Amazon executives said in interviews with Bloomberg Businessweek. The device, a souped-up version of the Kindle electronic- book reader, will run on Google Inc.’s Android software, the Seattle-based company said.
UPDATE: What does the Amazon Kindle Fire have?
- Access to Prime Instant Video – 11,000 movies and TV shows commercial-free at no extra cost.
- Android is under the hood (multi-tasking) however it’s not very obvious… or readily accessible (yet).
- Direct access to the MP3 store with 17 million songs, some as low as 69¢ a piece.
- 7-inch IPS display, dual-core processor, 14.6 ounces
- Gorilla Glass covering the LCD display
- Access to anything/everything Amazon, including music, magazines, apps, shows, movies, and more.
- Delete it or retrieve it whenever you want, thanks to the cloud storage service.
- Whispersync across the board, even on TV shows. Pick up where you left off!
You might also like
HP has recently announced their HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One printer which features a nifty 7 inch tablet as both the screen and the control panel. The printer is a fully
We recently saw AT&T’s Galaxy SII in white, and it’s undoubtedly beautiful. Not surprising to many, its long lost cousin, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, also looks pretty rad in white. It