Introducing the Spectrum by Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile
Verizon Wireless And LG Mobile haven’t wasted anytime this year as CES. They have just announced a new Android device that will offer a True HD Mobile Experience. The LG Spectrum is Verizon Wireless’ first smart phone to feature a 4.5-inch True HD In-Plane Switching (IPS) display. This is the same technology used in premium LG HD television displays.
The Spectrum will be running Android 2.3 out of the box. However, we are being told that an Ice Cream Sandwich update will be available the first half of 2012. With a Qualcomm 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, we can only imagine how smooth Android 4.0 will be!
- 4.5-inch True HD IPS display provides natural colors and brilliant, undistorted HD images in 16:9 aspect ratio. Pictures and texts are incredibly sharp with 329 pixels per inch (PPI) screen density.
- Protected by Corning® Gorilla® Glass, the True HD IPS display uses Real Stripe subpixel arrangement so images never get blurred.
- Android™ 2.3 Gingerbread (Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade available the first half of 2012); support for Google™ Mobile Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, Google Maps™ and access to more than 300,000 apps available to download from Android Market™.
- Preloaded Netflix app allows Netflix subscribers to stream the latest movies in high-definition quality.
- Qualcomm 1.5 GHz dual-core processor makes multitasking seamless. Customers can surf the Web, check email and update social networks effortlessly.
- ESPN’s ScoreCenter app offers the most comprehensive sports coverage available on an Android device whether you follow the NFL or Premier League, ICC Champions League or MLB™, NASCAR or Formula One™. Customers can follow teams from more than 500 leagues around the world with an exclusive 720p high-definition feed for Spectrum by LG while connected to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network or Wi-Fi.
- Spectrum supports Dolby® Digital Plus, which allows users to maximize their HD multimedia experience. Dolby Digital Plus can stream up to 7.1 channels of surround sound through home entertainment systems.
- 8-megapixel rear-facing autofocus camera with LED flash to snap beautiful pictures and 1080p video capture
- Front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for video chat
- SmartMovie HD app—create and edit HD videos right on the Spectrum by LG
- Mobile Hotspot capability—share 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Bluetooth® Version 3.0
- 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed with support for up to 32 GB microSD card
- SmartShare—share media wirelessly to DLNA®-enabled devices
- HDMI mirroring capable via MHL
The Spectrum will be available to purchase on January 19th for $199.99 with a new-two year agreement online or at your nearest Verizon Wireless Store. Not a bad price for Verizon offering a 1.5 GHz dual-core phone!
- Spectrum by LG will be available on Jan. 19 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.comfor $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
- Customers who purchase a Spectrum by LG will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 monthly access and a smart phone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
You might also like
The XDA Developers site is reporting to day that they have had some of their members reporting a drastic speed increase when in a 3G signal area with the installation
After months of EA pushing “life is better with a Titan” advertisements in our face, EA has finally just dropped the Titanfall app into the Google Play Store. The Titanfall™ Companion
Cellular South has announced that come September 26th, it will be dropping its southern moniker in favor of a newer and more confusing C Spire Wireless branding. We’re not sure