Phiaton PS 20 NC earphones review
First, let me preface this with a disclaimer: I love reviewing headphones and Bluetooth accessories for Android devices. Were I not in this position, I would have no idea just how good (or bad) some of these products are that I pass in retail stores or see online. I’m amazed at all of the high quality stuff that comes through the office, and really get a tickle out of discovering new brands. Such is the case with Phiaton and their earphones. I recently reviewed a pair of their Bluetooth headphones that I really enjoyed and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to cut a cord. That said, here’s a review for a pair of noise-cancelling headphones from the same company
You know that feeling of when your ears pop from an airplane and all of a sudden there’s a rushing of sound and everything else in the background just disappears? That’s the best way I can describe the noise cancellation of the Phiaton PS 20 NC headphones. It’s amazing stuff and something that might even take a little getting used to as it feels strange the first few times. It doesn’t hurt or do anything to your ear when it happens, but it simply isolates you from the world.
Phiaton’s “Half In Ear” design is quite comfortable and feels great , I suspect, to even those who don’t like to put things in their ears. As something that sits just inside the ear, the earphones are a quality build with a sound that rivals anything else I’ve tested. Thus far, everything I have seen out of the Korean manufacturer has been stylish, comfortable, and of high performance.
Table of Contents
Specs and Details
- High quality dynamic speakers
- Frequency range: 15 Hz ~ 22,000 Hz
- Impedance: 26 Ohm
- THD: Less than 1% at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity: 101dB at 1 kHz
- Maximum input power: 30 mW
- Weight: 1.15 oz / 32.5 g (with battery)
- Cord Length: 1.5 m
What is in the box?
- PS 20 NC Earphones
- 4 sizes of silicon ear tips (XS, S, M, L)
- Carrying case
- 1 AAA Battery
- Airplane Adaptor
- Owner’s Guide(Including 1-year warranty)
- Product Registration
What we liked
- The “half in ear” design is very comfortable and works across every ear size.
- Very balanced sound with clear highs and rich bass.
- Stylish look and excellent build quality
What could be improved
- The cord is almost too long and could afford to spare 6″ or so
- We’d love to see a ribbon-like cord to help with tangles
Where to buy?
Phiaton sells them through a number of online retail partners, listing them with a suggested $129.99 price tag.