Back in 2011, Verizon and Casio officially introduced the G’zOne Commando, a rugged Android powered smartphone. Now after 2 years, Verizon and Casio are back again and this time, it’s known as the Casio G’zOne Commando 4G LTE. Yes, it comes with Verizon‘s blazing fast next-gen mobile network support, plus it packs all the good stuff a rugged smartphone should.
- Display: 4-inch TFT LCD at 480×800 resolution with Gorilla Glass 2
- Processor: 1.5 GHz dual-core
- OS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cameras: 8MP rear, 1.3MP front-facing
- Storage: 16GB internal (you’ll actually have less available)
- RAM: 1GB
- Dimensions: 5.1 by 2.7 by 0.5 inches
- Weight: 6.17 ounces
- Battery: 1,800 mAh
- Other: NFC, external (wireless) charging, FM radio
Along with that, it comes with G’zWorld app that records your outdoor activities on a map, track your routes, and share your treks. Verizon is planning to make it official on June 27, and it will cost $99 with a 2-yr contract and a $50 mail-in-rebate.
Are you planning to grab the new rugged smartphone in town from Verizon? Tell us about it in the comment box below.