Motorola announced on Thursday that the Moto X will soon arrive at five major wireless providers in the United States. Indeed, the smartphone will be offered at Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and U.S. Cellular. Pricing begins at $199.99 with a contract and provides 16GB internal storage however select carriers will offer a 32GB edition; AT&T lists it at $249.99.
Here’s where things take a slight turn: AT&T is the exclusive carrier to offer a customized physical design. Place your order through the Moto Maker online studio and you’ll be able to select one of two front colors and 16 back colors. What’s more, you can also customize the volume buttons, power buttons, and ring around the camera. Yes, you can also have something engraved on the backside. As for all of the other carriers, you can only choose between the black or white models.
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Width 65.3 Height 129.3mm
- Curve 5.6 -10.4mm
- Display 4.7″ AMOLED (RGB) / HD 720p
- Weight 130G
- Battery 2200 mAh. Talk time up to 13 hours. Mixed usage up to 24 hours
- Rear Camera 10MP CLEAR PIXEL (RGBC) / LED Flash / 1080p video (30 fps)
- Front Camera 2MP 1080p HD video
- Architecture Motorola X8 Mobile Computing System
- RAM 2 GB
- Storage 16 GB (32 GB available online)
- 2 years 50GB storage free on Google Drive
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE + EDR
- WiFi 802.11a/g/b/n/ac
- Mobile hotspot
- Bands GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- UMTS/HSPA + up to 42 Mbps
- CDMA/EVDO Rev. A (CDMA model only)
- 4G – LTE
Moto X will be available in the US, Canada and Latin America starting in late August/early September. Look for details on total pricing and exact launches from the various wireless carriers.
In the US, woven black and woven white models will be available at AT&T, Sprint, US Cellular, Verizon Wireless and at national retailers including Best Buy stores with a suggested retail price of $199 with a new two-year agreement. Additionally, it will be available on all carriers, including T-Mobile, at Motorola.com.