NVIDIA announces Tegra Note for October
NVIDIA has officially introduced its Tegra 4-powered reference tablet platform, pulling back the curtain on the Tegra Note. Priced as low as $199, the reference design will lead to new devices from partners such as ASUS, Toshiba, HP, Kobo, and Xiaomi. Remember that Tegra 3 Kai reference for the first Nexus 7? This is that same thing for the Tegra 4, but hopefully with more partners.
In addition to the Tegra 4 processor, these 7-inch (1280×800) tablets will feature 5-megapixel rear camera, front-facing VGA camera, 16GB internal storage (microSD), and a battery with 10 hours playback. Additional details include Front-facing “HD Audio” stereo speakers, Micro-HDMI output, and NVIDIA DirectStylus technology support.
NVIDIA Reveals Tegra Note – Complete Tablet Platform, Powered by Tegra 4
September 18, 2013
By now many of you may have heard of NVIDIA Tegra Note, but are still wondering what it is.
Back in June at Computex, we briefly demoed an early version of the device, when it was better known as Tegra Tab. One of the many innovations it introduced was NVIDIADirectStylus technology, which significantly improves passive stylus performance.
So what’s Tegra Note?
It’s a complete tablet platform, designed by NVIDIA and brought to market by our partners.
It embodies the NVIDIA brand – from our hardware and software (right down to OTA updates), to our industrial design, accessories and network of partners in game development.
It elevates the abilities of our partners, so they can provide tablets packed with innovation and features at prices they may not have been able to deliver on their own. In turn, NVIDIA gains access to their deep sales and distribution expertise in regions worldwide.
And it starts at a suggested retail price of $199. That will help many more people experience the new technologies going into Tegra Note, including its 100 percent Android OS.
This isn’t a first for us. About a year ago, we announced Project KAI – a Tegra 3 reference design intended as a recipe to build low-cost, high-quality Tegra 3 tablets. Google’s Nexus 7 was one. Tegra Note takes this to the next level by delivering a complete platform, not just the hardware.
In the next few months, our partners will be bringing Tegra Note to market worldwide with features that speak to local consumers, among them are EVGA and PNY Technologies in North America; EVGA, Oysters and ZOTAC in Europe; Colorful, GIGABYTE, Shenzhen Homecare Technology and ZOTAC in Asia-Pacific; and XOLO in India. They join other partners, including HP, ASUS, Toshiba, Kobo and Xiaomi, that have already announced Tegra 4-based products.
To whet your appetite, here’s a quick rundown on some of the Tegra Note’s unique features:
- Ultra-fast performance – Powered by Tegra 4 with a 72-core GeForce GPU and quad-core Cortex-A15 CPU with a fifth battery-saver core, making Tegra Note the world’s fastest 7-inch tablet.
- Superb stylus – NVIDIA DirectStylus technology transforms a normal stylus into an incredibly responsive experience with finer point and broader stroke control. It also comes bundled with apps for convenient, stroke-based note taking.
- Exceptional sound – NVIDIA PureAudio technology offers rich, deep audio – including the widest frequency range in a tablet – through front-facing stereo speakers with a bass-reflex port.
- Groundbreaking camera – The camera uses Tegra 4’s processing power andChimera computational photography architecture to deliver stunning new features. Tegra Note also brings SmugMug’s Camera Awesome app – one of the top camera apps on iOS – to Android. Camera Awesome delivers exclusive Tegra 4 features like tap-to-track and 100 fps video with slow-motion playback.
- TegraZone gaming – Delivering unmatched gaming, NVIDIA TegraZone provides easy access to Tegra-optimized games with visual effects that aren’t available on other tablets. Tegra Note also supports a variety of game controllers for console-class gaming.
- Great battery life – 10-plus hours of HD video playback.
- Accessories galore – An intelligent slide cover flips and bends to support and cover the tablet. It also lets the tablet be set up in three distinct positions using built-in magnets for added flexibility. The DirectStylus Pro Pack enables a variety of writing styles with interchangeable tips. And Bluetooth capabilities turn the tablet into a game controller.
On top of that, users get over-the-air (OTA) software updates provided directly by NVIDIA. This will help ensure customers have current software, offering the richest experience with their devices.
You might also like
Google started as a search engine, and today their main priority and focus is still that. Today, it’s known as the father of all the search engines, and Google planned to take
A cease and desist order sent to Google on behalf of The Tetris Company LLC has resulted in 35 Tetris clones being pulled from the Android Market. The developer behind
ave you ever tried to organize a dinner outting or company meeting with a bunch of people? It’s a pain in the butt to find the day and time that works best for everyone. Doodle, a company who simplifies the process with online coordination, can now help you from your Android phone.